Saturday, January 10, 2015

A Year of Provision

Happy 2015!

A number of years ago I was challenged to prophetically name each year. Near the end of 2014, I was standing outside a cafe late at night asking God what He would have me name 2014. The word that stuck in my head was PROVISION. So I wrote it down, prayed into it, and thought of a number if ways in which it would be nice to see God's provision. Why is it God likes to do things different then I think He will? 

In reflecting in this past year I realize that it was truly marked by God's supernatural provision.  While I away, God provided food that I could eat in each of the countries I visited. I came home from YWAM with no money and no job yet God provided. He provided an opportunity for me to spend a week in Cuba with my whole family. He provided a good job. When my job was only a two month contract, He provided an apartment sublet. When my job became full-time He provided a place for me to stay for a couple months until I could figure out what I was doing. He also provided a condo for me and furniture to put in it. I am amazed by God's goodness and provision in my life this year. Praise God from whom all blessings flow! 

This next year I think will look very differently. We will see what doors God opens and what doors He closes.

May you have a blessed new year.

No comments: