Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Quick Update

I just wanted to give a quick update on what I have been up to this week. On Monday (aka yesterday) I started my language lessons. As of right now, I am schedule for 2 hours of language lessons a day, 5 days a week. So far I am enjoying my lessons. I have two different teachers. I like working with the second teacher as he is very conversational and so I have to actually practice what I am learning.

Secondly, I signed the lease for an apartment today. The place is really nice and I really like my landlady. I feel blessed because I was able to find a place that has a stove top, a fridge, hot water, and some furniture. It also has a balcony with a really nice view (which is a little treat for me). The only thing I will really miss is an oven. I told Gary and Bev that I might randomly come and vist them to use their oven for baking. I am also blessed in that I was able to find a roommate for the first 3 months. She will be coming from the Netherlands in the middle of July. I look forward to meeting her and pray that we get along. (I will really miss living with all my wonderful housemates from Wakil!!!!!!!!!)

Thirdly, today I had a meeting with the orphanage that I hope to be helping out with. I fell in love with the children the minute I first laid eyes on them! They are way tooo cute! If anyone has some good craft/game ideas that I can do with them let me know. I also had an interview at the assessment center and I hope that all works out as well.

Thanks for all your prayers!

1 comment:

Jon Juane said...

sweeet!!! sounds like our Father is taking great care of you! AND how sweet is that!? dutch roomate?! it will be JUST like living with sonia! hahah (maybe not quite) but whateveR! FUN!